- Live among God’s faithful people,
- Hear the word of God and share in the Lord’s supper,
- Proclaim the good news of God in Christ through words and deed,
- Serve all people, following the example of Jesus, and
- Strive for justice and peace in all the earth. (ELW, page 236)
– From the 2015 ELCA Youth Gathering Theological Statement
Confirmation instruction is a three-year program that utilizes an interactive, small-group setting with adult guides. Instruction is every Sunday morning at 9:45 a.m. with events every month that focus on fun, learning, and serving. We use the Bible, Martin Luther’s Small Catechism, and other resources to learn about our faith. Youth are confirmed in the fall of their 9th grade year.
All parents are strongly encouraged to participate and support our confirmation program by serving as small group guides, preparing a lunch, chaperoning an overnight event or providing transportation when needed.
We have a lot of fun at confirmation on Sunday mornings and at our monthly events! Hope to see all of you 6th – 8th grade youth every Sunday.
We meet every Sunday morning to hang out, check in with each other, and learn about the Bible and how faith matters in our lives. We have monthly events such as retreats, lock-ins, service projects and fun days where we experience new things and make new friends. We also take an annual summer trip together: a service trip, high adventure, or the ELCA National Youth Gathering. Check out the Harbor Lights newsletter or the website to see what is planned next.