Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me” ~Matthew 19:14
Children are a vibrant part of all our worship services. Their presence here grows out of the Biblical tradition and conviction that children are members of our church family.
We make room for children in worship by:
- Providing children’s activity bulletins for prekindergarten through early elementary school and activity books for older children.
- Providing worship bags with crayons and a small stuffed animal.
- Blessing the children as they come forward during Holy Communion.
- Inviting children to come to the Baptismal Font during baptisms.
- Giving Holy Communion to children six years of age and older after they have finished First Holy Communion Classes.
- Including children in their own time of worship during the children’s time.
Parents, we invite you to:
- Arrive early and walk your children around the church, looking at the windows and talking about the Bible stories they portray.
- Arrive in time to find a good place to sit. Sit near the front to provide your young child with a better view of what is happening in worship.
- Come forward with your young child/children for children’s time.
In worship, children learn:
- There are many people in church who care about them.
- The Lord’s Prayer, the Apostle’s Creed and other parts of the service by memory.
- To appreciate the beauty of the worship space and the music and art that are expressions of praise and worshiping God.
- God’s Word through music, Word, Sacrament, and art.
- More about their baptism and God’s table, which are signs of God’s goodness and favor.
- They are loved by God and their church family.
Bringing children to worship may not always be easy, but it is an essential part of your child’s growth toward Christ.
We are so excited to have you and your child/children in worship with us. Please let us know if we can help your experience at Christ Lutheran Church a welcoming and inviting experience for each of you.